Happy New Year!
A friendly Manitoban welcome to all of our new students! We are so excited to meet you all at Orientation.
Orientation is the start of your new life as a student here in Winnipeg. It’s also just the beginning of weeks of events to kick off the new term!
Here is what we have planned to welcome you to Winnipeg!
- Friday, January 6th: Campus Tours! 11:00AM-1:00PM – Meet outside the ICM office (508 University Centre) for a 45-minute tour of campus – perfect if you missed Orientation or still want to better familiarize yourself with our campus.
- Monday, January 9th: English Writing Workshop in room 310 St. Paul’s: 5:45PM-7:45PM – Learn about effective English writing skills to help you navigate through your writing assignments.
Tuesday, January 10th: Dress for the weather and Medical Information Presentation in room 307 Fitzgerald Building from 12:30PM -1:30PM – Grab a free cup of hot chocolate and learn how to stay warm during our cold winter months!
- Wednesday, January 11th: Student Resource Workshop in room 307 Fitzgerald Building from 12:30PM-1:30PM.
- Thursday, January 12th: Off-Campus Housing Presentation! Room 307 Fitzgerald Building – Come for an informative presentation starting at 12:30PM.
- Wednesday, January 18th: Effective Note Taking! Attend this great presentation and pick up some useful tips about taking notes in your classes starting at 12:30PM in 307 Fitzgerald.
- Friday, January 20th: Movie Night! Relax with your new friends in the Great Hall in the University College building from 6:00PM-9:00PM while watching movies and enjoying some free popcorn, snacks, and pop.
- Monday, January 23rd: Goal Setting and Time Management Workshop! 12:30PM-1:30PM in 207 Fitzgerald
- Tuesday, January 24th: Peer Education! Peer Educators are students who have successfully completed the course they are tutoring. They will be here every Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30PM-1:30PM to help you on your path to achieving academic success (free and no appointments necessary!)
- Wednesday, January 25th: Bell Let’s Talk Day! The more we talk about mental health, the more we understand; and the more we understand, the more we talk. Join this lunch hour session (12:30 to 1:30PM) in 307 Fitzgerald for a short presentation, group discussion, safe conversation and of course some treats (cake and hot chocolate!).
- Friday, January 27th: ICM Staff Meet & Greet! Enjoy a free lunch, while getting to know the ICM staff and fellow students on the 2nd floor of Fitzgerald starting at 12:30PM.
We can’t wait to see you at Weeks of Welcome!
Remember, if you ever have a question or would like some help with anything while you’re settling in, please don’t hesitate to talk to anyone on the ICM team or your International Student Support Program (ISSP). We’re here for you!