A huge friendly Manitoban welcome to all of our new students! We are so excited to meet you all at Orientation.
Orientation is the start of your new life as a student here in Winnipeg. It’s also just the beginning of a week of events to kick off the new term!
Here is what we have planned to welcome you to Winnipeg!
- Thursday, September 1st: Orientation! Check out our Facebook event for full details.
- Friday, September 2nd: Winnipeg Goldeyes Baseball Game! Buy your tickets at the ICM offices for $10, which includes your admission to the game and a food voucher. If you’ve purchased a ticket, meet outside the Fitzgerald building at 5:30PM to take the bus to the game. Don’t forget your bus tickets or bus pass!
- Saturday, September 3rd: The Forks! Meet outside the Fitzgerald building at 10:00AM to head to The Forks National Historic Site for shopping at The Forks Market, site seeing, lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory, and Pokemon at the Forks until 3:00PM! Please bring money for lunch and shopping, along with bus tickets or a bus pass. Dress for the weather, too!
- Tuesday, September 6th: Campus Tour! Meet outside the Fitzgerald building at 12:45PM for a 45 minute tour of campus – perfect if you missed Orientation or still want to better familiarize yourself with our campus.
- Wednesday, September 7th: Off Campus Housing Presentation! Come for an informative presentation and free pizza lunch in room 307 Fitzgerald starting at 12:45PM.
- Thursday, September 8th: ICM Staff Meet & Greet! Get served a delicious ice cream sundae while getting to know the ICM staff and fellow students on the 2nd floor of Fitzgerald starting at 12:45PM
- Friday, September 9th: Adjusting to Life in Winnipeg! Attend this great presentation – and enjoy free samosas – starting at 12:45PM in room 211 Fitzgerald.
- Friday, September 16th: Movie Night! Relax with your new friends from 6:00PM-9:00PM while watching movies and enjoying some free popcorn, snacks and pop.
We can’t wait to see you at Orientation and Week of Welcome!
Remember, if you ever have a question or would like some help with anything while you’re settling in, please don’t hesitate to talk to anyone on the ICM team or the International Student Support Program (ISSP). We’re here for you!
P.S. Monday, September 5th is the Labour Day holiday, so there will be no classes and campus will be closed. Are you looking for ideas on how to spend your long weekend in Winnipeg? Check out the Hot This Week Travel Manitoba blog and tourismwinnipeg.com. Enjoy your September long weekend!